.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Behold, the power of the Penguin 

The more I use Linux, the more I am amazed at what it can do. It has so much freakin' power! For instance, today, I purchased a nice 80GB hard disk for my Linux web server (Persephone) and installed it as a slave drive. I'm keeping the little 10 gigger for the base operating system and other stuff. I mean, come on, I have like 6 or 7 months of work on there, not to mention the years of learning that have gone into the system.

So, anyhow, I put this hard disk in and proceeded to mount it and format it and everything else you do to a hard disk when you install it. What's super cool is that while I was formatting the hard drive, I also browsed over to the web page hosted on Persephone and began browsing pages. Yeah, Persephone was formatting a hard disk and serving web pages at the same time! What's up with that?! I think that's incredible.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?